Auckland is New Zealand's largest city and the international gateway to the rest of the country. It's waterside location has fostered the locals' love affair with the sea, earning this place the nickname "City of Sails".
Auckland has so much to see and do - there's plenty of activities for a few hours, a few days or a few weeks. To get a taste of some of Auckland's unique activities click here.
If you want to venture just out of Auckland, you can take a harbour ferry ride to Waiheke Island and spend the day visiting wineries or head north of the city by road to Matakana, to check out some of Auckland's neighbouring regions
There is so much to experience in this beautiful harbour city - the entertainment options are endless - check out the Must do's in Auckland.
While you are in Auckland
- View Auckland from the Skytower or do the Skyjump
- Spend the day at Waikehe Island
- Check out the latest exhibits at the Auckland Museum
- Take a ferry ride to the seaside village of Devonport
- Sail the Waitemata Harbour
- Visit waterfalls in the Waitakere Ranges
- Take an "underwater" tour through Kelly Tarlton's Sea Life Aquarium
- See Auckland from the tree tops with EcoZip Adventures
- Head out on the harbour on a whale and dolphin ocean safari
- Check out the latest exhibits at the Auckland Art Gallery
- Visit the Botanic Gardens in Manurewa, South Auckland
Taxis and Shuttles
0508 447 336
0800 748 885
Auckland Co-op Taxis
09 300 3000
09 377 0773